Wednesday 2 September 2009

On my way to ALLA

I’m sitting at the airport about to board a plane to Darwin for the Australian Law Librarian’s Association conference.  I’m super excited about the conference this year – the theme is evolution and many of the papers explore how legal research has changed and is changing. 

I will be giving a presentation that draws on the findings of the CCH “Professionals and Web 2.0” whitepaper and explores what Web 2.0 means for the creation and dissemination of information – and what THAT means for information providers such as CCH!  I will put the presentation up on Slideshare next week.  In the meantime you might like to check out these two posts on www.cchatter.com.au – they are based on some material that didn’t quite make it to the final draft of the paper.

2 comments:

Jason Schoolmeester said...

Wish I had read this earlier. I have been following your blog for awhile now and it would have been great to meet you.

I also presented: Day 2 on SharePoint.

Hope you enjoyed ALLA and Darwin!

Jason

Linda Moore said...

What a shame! I attended your presentation - it was refreshing to hear someone who is genuinely enthusiastic about Sharepoint. I think it is often pushed onto organisations without a great deal of thought about why or how they might use it. That said, I am about to plunge back into constructing the Sharepoint site for our team!

I loved Darwin, loved the conference - it had such a great vibe to it.